Sunday, October 25, 2009

Thought You Might Like To Know....

Found some great recipes this week.
I made Carrot Bread, wonderful. It's not made the conventional way, takes about a day and a half to make. Next time I make it I might try using apple cider for the liquid and adding some cinnamon. For the recipe go to marthastewart.com and search carrot bread. Also from Martha, Chicken and Ricotta Meatballs in Broth from the September issue of Everyday Food (everydayfoodmag.com). I changed the recipe a little and added 2 tblspns of freshly chopped rosemary and cooked them in pasta sauce instead of broth. This past Friday I also made the recipe into turkey burgers instead of meatballs....yummy!
Not to leave my other favorite girl out... Rachael Ray of course! Made a fabulous dish of hers Tastes-Like-Spaghetti Mini Meatball Risotto (rachaelrayshow.com). Now don't shy away from risotto, it may look complicated but it really is super easy, and you really should try this you will not believe the flavor. I make risotto in one form or another all the time.
Now to some of my own creations. My new fave thing is dulce de leche, I've been thinning out a tablespoon of it with a little milk and putting it on top of vanilla ice cream and I also put it on top of angel food cake, tastes very decadent but is only 1 point. I'm thinking I could use it to make a 'caramel' latte`, or smoothie.
Had some left over pumpkin so I made some pudding:
2 cups fat free milk
1 packet unflavored gelatin
1 cup of pumpkin
sweetener to taste
1/2 teaspn pumpkin pie spice
Add gelatin to 1 cup cold milk, let sit for 5 mins. Heat other cup of milk till just simmering, add to gelatin mix stir for 5 mins to fully dissolve gelatin, add sweetener and spice, add pumpkin, (if using fresh pumpkin puree in food processor before adding to mix), mix well and pour into individual bowls put in refrigerator at least 2 hours or until set.
Hope this gives someone some new ideas. See you at Weight Watchers and don't forget that exercise and the good health guidelines!

No comments:

Post a Comment