Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reminiscing

Have been thinking back today.
My Weight Watchers journey started in January 2005. I had my 'ducks all in a row' and did really well for a year and a half, lost a total of 87 pounds.
Then I kind of lost my will power and started to gain then lose on a regular basis, just recently I've gained more than I have lost and now my total weight loss is 63 pounds, but I am pretty sure that if I had stopped going to my meetings I would probably have gained a lot more in fact I would probably be back over 300 pounds. So guys they are right when they say that meetings are very important.

I'm 'back in the saddle' with exercise too. Have been unable to exercise for quite a while with my shoulder, but now it's almost good as new. I've been working out with my Wii. Got the new Wii Active and Wii Fit Update, best things ever. I am thoroughly enjoying working out everyday, never thought I would hear myself saying that!

I feel like I'm back, hooray. I think that I am definitely in the right frame of mind and writing things down in my blog and knowing that maybe I can inspire someone else to 'get back in the saddle' and get their 'ducks all in a row, is a big motivator.

Found some more goodies that I have been using.
Two different sources have said this past week that putting lemon into your green tea increases its health benefits substantially.
I have discovered an alternative to mayo that is extremely versatile..... Tzatziki! What is it I hear you say, well basically it's greek dip. Made from greek yogurt, flavored with garlic, cucumber and dill, delicious. I use it in place of mayo in sandwiches, I've made salad dressing by adding oil and a touch of vinegar, it would be great on a baked potato too. I got some from Sams, it's 1 point for 2 tablespoons or 0 points for 1 table spoon. But I am going to make my own using fat free greek yogurt, which will make it even lower in points and it's good for you! When I find a recipe I like I'll let you know.

Well that's all for now, more to follow later.

No comments:

Post a Comment